What we charge?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:42:40 EST

jkinnear@pianoguy.com writes:

<< I haven't raised my prices for about 5 years , , $75can. that's
 about $45US . .  maybe I should reconsider . .
 Jim >>

Jim

Ask yourself. What did you pay for your auto insurance, your gas, your milk,
etc., 5 years ago? Did you have a computer? How much was your phone bill?  If
none of those prices have gone up, then you should continue to charge $75.
But I bet you those expenses have gone up. So you have every right to charge
more.

My suggestion is to increase your fees a small amount every year, or so,
instead of trying to catch up once every 5 years. First of all, you are
loosing money if you wait more than 2 years. And second, your customers will
not be too upset with you if you went from $75 to $80. But they will balk if
you told them the new price is $90, even though if you had raised your fee $5
very year, that is what you have been charging by now.

Wim