What we charge?

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:10:55 -0600

>In the state of Ohio, we have to charge tax on labor, as well as parts.
>Started app. 5-6 years ago, and I'm still mad about it...
>
>Mark Potter
>bases-loaded@juno.com

Same in Texas. On or about 1986, our state legislature, in it's
"infinite wisdom", decided to impose state sales tax (currently 6
&1/2 percent) on piano tunings as well as a host of other services,
heretofore untaxed. We don't, however, have to charge sales tax on
estimates, since no actual improvements to the piano are made.

Tom

Tom Seay
Piano Tech Office
School of Music