pitch raise time

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:04:05 -0600

>Why would anyone want to come into a real-life tuning
>situation with a pitch raise involved and use a tuning fork?
>Well, alright, if you only have a fork, then you have a pretty
>good reason.

* Yes, inconceivable as it may be, there are still strictly aural tuners
left on the planet. Have fork, will raise pitch aurally.

>  A pitch raise = instability.  Of what use is it to
>attempt a temperment aurally on a moving target?

* I suggest you try it some time. It's quite possible to reliably do a
decent pitch raise aurally.

------------
>Fifteen minutes and you are ready to tune.  NO stress to the
>ears except bringing in unisons.  I believe even if you tune
>strictly by ear you should bring the proper tools.  Don't pitch-
>raise with your ears.  Save them for the tuning.
>
>David I.

Realistically, I don't expect to be spending a grand or more on an ETD to
use for pitch raises. I surely don't do enough of them to justify either
the price, or the time spent on explanations to the customer every time I
used it. BTW, how do you not listen to pitch raises? Do you wear high
attenuation ear plugs, or a headset?

Ron N