pitch raise time

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:32:53 -0500

Keith McGavern wrote:
>Any method or arsenal of tools the individual wants to use is irrelevant to
>me.  Just to experience someone accomplishing that 10/30 minute thing (
>especially that 10 minute one ! ), and succeed in producing a stable, well
>tuned piano will satisfy this boy.

Equally interesting would be hearing their non-tuning schedule of either:
1) Intensive workouts at the gym (Nautilus, cycling, running, swimming,
yoga, whatever) OR
2) their regimen at the chiropractor/massage therapist/physical therapist
&/or medical attention for bursitis, tendonitus, carpal tunnel syndrome
(steroid injections or surgery??)

While I don't doubt that it is physically possible to achieve such speed, I
know my body doesn't react well to such a barrage of repetitive motions.
Spreading a quarter tone to half tone pitch raise (including fine tuning)
over 1.5 hr. or more is a lot better for me than trying to set records.
Regular exercise to balance out the kyphotic (is that the correct
spelling?) posture involved in our trade is very helpful too.

Happy tuning,
Patrick Draine