What we charge?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:56:13 EST

In a message dated 1/26/00 6:54:41 PM !!!First Boot!!!, btrout@desupernet.net
writes:

<< My point is, I charge what I charge, irrespective of what you charge.  My
 prices are not a secret.  This idea that we can't discuss what we believe
 are fair prices in our markets doesn't make any sense to me, especially
 considering the geography between us.  >>

In general, because there are some doubts as to what is considered price
fixing, and what is not, it has been advised that we not discuss prices.  In
particular, it is against the law for us all to come to an agreement on how
much we charge for our services.  Obviously you have to disclose your fees to
your customers.  But for us as a group to disclose our fees might be
construed as "price fixing," which is against the law.

Wim