Why

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:29:25 +0100

"Larry J. Messerly" wrote:

> I have on hand a copy of a 1983 Program given by Webb Phillips on "How to
> be a $50,000 a year tuner"  A class transcript that was, and maybe still
> is, available from DampChaser.

Grin... one could read this reply as.. "Make the same as a salesman...by
becoming one yourself"...

Seriously tho.. one thing a lot of techs dont do well that could increase
their income drastically, is to learn a lot more about how to run a small
buisness. This aint a guarantee mind you.. but often enough good buisness
practices go a long way.

Sales guys are always on the phone... proding potential customers... feeding
the sale if you get my meaning. Piano techs can do the same.. keep good
books.. good records and follow up your customers well.

As far as listening to someone tell you you are chargeing to much.. I wonder
if that was a salesman to said it.. (I have heard this on more then one
occasion from salesfolks).. Piano techs have "tools" at hand to make such
salesfolks understand.. and back off.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway