glue gurus out there?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:35:16 -0500

Today I went to service a piano and found the old three-way Dampp-Chaser
on full blast (25w) under the pin block of a grand. One of the problems was
grossly out of tune notes, two in particular.

Step one, remove the DC and advise the customer to place it under the
sounding board at a later date before summer.

Step two, thin CA on the four pins associated with the wild unisons.

Step three, replace two broken treble wire

Step four, CA glue loosened (popped out) repetition support post.

Step five, touch up tuning.  CA'd pins were fine  :-)

Next week new hammers, long over due.

Whoever invented CA glue, I'd like to stick their name to ALL Time Hall of
Fame.

A tool for all seasons.

Jon Page

One time through sheer desperation I used CA glue to 'brighten' the last two
notes
to the customer's liking. PING ! !! ! !    prefect, he said.