Sticky plastic key tops

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:40:23 -0600 (CST)

John,

I find that most tape backing glues will come off with a little varsol. It
won't hurt plastic keytops. There is also a product called "Goo Gone" sold
at Home Hardware stores which works very well. I believe it is a citrus
product as it smells like lemon. I don't know what either product would do
to ivory though.

Terry Beckingham

At 04:06 PM 1/25/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Today's challenge.
>
>Just returned from an unresolved sticky key top situation. Apparently the
sticky substance is some tape backing..... pretty thick. I tried detergent
and a damp cloth which just spread it around. Brilliant! I trued toothpaste.
Only about 50 per cent effective.