in-the-home boring jig

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:40:28 -0800

David ilvedson wrote:

> I have tried this a few times but
> always go back the 7/32 bit in a handle and eye it.  I believe a
> detailed accounting of this method is in the Journal
> somewhere.  I think it was developed my Margie Williams &
> Mark Anderson in the Bay Area.

David,

You're right about Mark Anderson. I mentioned Bill and Fern's article
because the procedure is so well described. If you follow their
instructions to the letter, you will seldom miss. I once did the entire
bass section of a vandalized practice room Baldwin studio for another
technician, using this method. I did it in my shop and when the
technician reinstalled it, he was amazed that no adjusting was
necessary. Even though he was a PTG member, he had not read about the
method and so he was assuming that I had _drilled_ each one.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA