cracked bridge

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:00:53 -0500

I inspected a piano today. It's a freebie that the owner wants to get in
shape.  It has a severely cracked  bass bridge...I'd say about 25% of
the length of the bridge is cracked. Very badly cracked...worst I've
ever seen.

I have my doubts  that this could be repaired, considering the extent of
damage. Do you think epoxy could hold this thing together? I don't.

I advised the owners that it's probably not worth the money needed to
fix it. It also needs regulation, keytops,  and a couple other
thngs...total's close to 1000 bucks.

Great money, but I don't feel I could guarantee the bridge repair. Also
it's pretty much junk. I'm not sure how good I'd feel about doing the
work.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild