Pitch drop at A4 ???

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:04:37 -0600

Hi Don, and List,
	Interesting measurements from the Reyburn Cyber Tuner.  You say a
"high and a low were tossed out".   How high was the high and how
low was the low?
I am curious as to the difference.
	Does anyone know what would be regarded by lab technicians as
state of the art for measuring audible sound frequencies?  Has
anything surpassed the use of "band filters" connected to
oscilliscopes.    How might one seek access to such equipment?
	I believe A440 to be a  value recognized by the Bureau of
Standards.  What do they use to determine how pitch sources measure
up to this standard?    ---ric

> From: Don <drose@dlcwest.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Pitch drop at A4 ???
> Date: Saturday, January 22, 2000 12:26 PM
>
> Hi all,
>
> I decided to take the time to measure a4 at various partial
levels. Measurement device was Reyburn cyber tuner in *flat* mode--

Each measurement was performed 7 times in  a *rotation* (i.e a4 a5
e5