String coupling

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:08:30 EST

In a message dated 1/23/2000 2:09:24 PM, Roger J. wrote:

<<"The major problem as Ron is pointing out, is to define what we are trying
to measure, the cause is a whole different story,">>

Ron., Roger, et al;
 I think the problem is that seemingly everyone is trying to get a static
measurement on a dynamic cycle....ain't gonna happen in my opinion. When you
try to measure a cycle that is moving, even as you measure it, the best that
can be done is measure the cycle/curve at the point the measurement is taken.
 In addition, for any meaningful analysis to be done that 'measurement'
'must' come at exactly the same time in the cycle life, with 'exactly' the
same force causing the cycle at each measurment....again, it ain't gonna
happen. At least not with the equipment that most piano techs have available.
 Not trying to discourage anyone though, I am finding the discussion
interesting.
Jim Bryant (FL)