sulfer vapors

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:10:00 +0000

Check this out,

here in Iceland there is a bit of sulfur added to the water.

This infact prevents rust in the pipes!

The sulfur bonds with oxigen making sulfur-oxide, instead of iron-oxide
e.g. RUST.

I have seen these markings myself on a few instruments, but not at all that
many.  Certainly not enough to label sulfur as the culprit.

Perhaps something in the manufacturing process of the felt?

Regards,
Kristinn Leifsson
Reykjavík, Iceland.