Pitch drop at A4 ???

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:50:14 +0100

Hi Don... interesting results.. I have also started measuring now.. and havent
posted any results yet as I am trying to work up a good measuring routine. One
that doesnt require so much time, and provides as much information as I can get
for my time.

I did notice one incident of pitch rise also so far. It was an A6 on a Hamburg
S&S "B". Figured there was some thing wrong with my measuring so I didnt dwell
on it at the time so I will have to look a bit closer.

I eventually want get data assembled both on apparent pitch drop due to
coupling, and on this buisness of pitch drop relative to attack. There may be
some relationship between these two when you come to think about it.  Both the
amount of pitch drop occuring during the duration of the string vibration, and
how fast this drops and  compare this to the amount of pitch drop due to string
coupling for each case.

I personally would think that one measurement for each would be sufficient,
contigent upon measureing many pianos over time, an "average" or "tendency"
should show itself anyways.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway