Strange answering machine message

Dorothy A. Bell dabell58@earthlink.net
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:21:26 -0500

Dear Diane,
My heart went out to you and your client. My first guess would be
alcohol-related problems (dramatic tragic phone calls are common),
including
alcoholic blackouts (during which the person acts, speaks, etc.
perfectly normally but nothing gets "stored" in the memory). Of course
there are other medical possibilities as well. You can be sure that you
are not the only person who has experienced this with this customer. I
would consider having a brief word with the husband, just reporting what
happened and your concern. If you have any questions about what I've
said, please e-mail me privately --
Best wishes,
Dorrie Bell
Associate Member, PTG, and RN