Strange answering machine message

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:56:30 EST

dianepianotuner@hotmail.com writes:

<< I like the lady a lot, she plays wonderfully and has been someone great to
 talk with whenever I have tuned for her.  Her husband is a retired doctor,
 do you suppose I should say something to him?  Surely he is aware of this?
 My mother died of Alzheimers three years ago and this particular customer
 was a big help to me at that time--what a strange world!

 Thanks for any thoughts on this,
 Diane >>

I had two customers with the same problem.  They would call me two or three
times in a row to schedule an appointment.  And then when I did get it set
up, they would still call.  And in both cases, when I showed up to tune the
piano, they were surprised to see me, because they had completely forgot I
was coming.

Since you have gone through this yourself, the only thing you can do is put
up with it.  Try to remain as calm as possible.  Perhaps you might want to
talk to her husband and explain you have an appointment set up, so that maybe
he can help her.  But other than that, just grin and bear it.

Wim