Advertising

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 07:42:00 -0500

Martin,

When I was first getting started 3 years ago, I felt it was important that my
business be 'accessible', and that, to me, meant having a Yellow Pages ad - not a
big one, just one stating what I do.

3 years and 534 and counting names in the data base later, I have cut back the ad
to the 'almost free' listing because at this point, I am getting more referrals
than I am 'tire kickers' from the Yellow Pages. I will always have a YP listing
because my name does appear first in all 3 books that I'm in - and that, I think,
WAS important at the time. Now, I will have the ad to let people know that
Bondi's Piano Service exists.

I don't advertise anywhere else.

Advertising is a tough call because each area of the country is going to be
different - and tech opinions will vary from tech to tech and area to area.

I feel, if you call yourself a business, you need at least a free listing in the
YP.

I'd be happy to talk with you privately since I am in the process of forming a
presentation aimed at the person getting started in this business.

Rook