Advertising

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:03:07 -0400

Hello Martin

After 25 years in the tuning business, Let me tell you my experience with
advertising.

Newspaper, (Daily Paper) never worked for me.

Weekly Papers,  Still does not give you enough people.

I started with the local dealers, giving them an A1 service at very good
price. I started working for a year with a Wurlitzer dealer here for a fixed
wage, terribly necessary, to acquire experience.
After that I offered my services to several other dealers, this time paid by
tuning, and offering them a very good rebate if they recommended me.
They started sending me to cover warranty tunings, and that gave me the
chance to start getting in contact with customers.
This way I met several piano teachers, which are the ones that send me more
clients.

Once you have some clients it is worth to have your name at the Yellow
Pages, in I have very few clients coming through Yellow Pages, but many of
my known customers know were to locate me when they loose my phone.

The only ad that really works in these profession is personal
recommendations.

My advise is to start with dealers, schools, churches, where your work can
be seen and heard of.

Elian Degen