Stringing

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:19:44 -0800

List,

I am restringing soon and thought I'd get some input on
different styles.  I remember a Nick Gravange (spelling) class I
took where he had his wire in a typical 1 lb steel case with
cover.  He placed it on a small box.  The wire went from the
case through a piece with a small hole down to the piano.  He
would pull the wire down through the agraffe or such up to the
pin, coil it in a small block and drive it into the block.  Then
guide the other end around the hitch pin and back to the pin
for rough cutting.  I am intrigued with this method but do it
differently.  I pre-cut all my wire on the long side.  Both ends
go into the agraffes or such are pulled with some regular
tension with a gauge and clipped.  Then each is coiled and
driven into the block.

Any other techniques?

David I.
David Ilvedson, RPT