Advertising

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:50:06 -0600

Hi Martin,

The best thing I found starting out was dealer referral. If there is a
decent, reputable, honest, kind, thrifty, clean, brave, etc. (stopped just
in time) dealer in your area, attempt to make yourself available to them
for tuning and service work. Do good work, communicate with them, and
become indispensable. One good dealer that likes you and appreciates your
talents can account for a lot of your meals at the beginning, and for a lot
of years thereafter.

Yellow pages: In all the years I've carried an ad, I don't think it's ever
paid for itself. It is, however, the illusion of legitimacy, which makes it
indispensable.

Music teachers: see "Yellow pages".

Whether it's by attitude, dress, personal grooming, highly polished tools,
fancy business cards, catchy slogans, flashing shoes, magnetic signs, or
advertising, you have to give the impression that you mean it. That's the
only way you will be taken seriously.

Live long and prosper.

Ron N