Advertising

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:47:39 -0500

Martin,

Such a big subject!  If others respond to your question you will probably
find that what worked wonders for one person yielded no appreciable
business for another.

When I was getting started I tried just about everything except
television.  How about starting with what appears to be the least
expensive and work your way up?  I found coupons were at first the most
effective for me.  Now it's word of mouth.  Initially I budgeted about
$2,600 annually for advertising (that was 7 or 8 years ago).  Last year I
spent less than 400 bucks.

Make an effort to delight every client.  They'll start doing your
advertising for you.  But it still takes several years to build up a
fulltime business in most cases.  Nowadays I have one line in the yellow
pages and that's it.

Clyde Hollinger