Heintzman Screws

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:12:00 -0800

At 12:26 AM 01/21/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>     What is the term for the screws that have the square hole in them and
>where do you get the tool for turning them?  Do any of the normal supply
>houses carry it?  It seems to be a Canadian phenomenon.  I've seen them in
>some other pianos but the Heintzman is put together entirely with them.  Is
>the tool similar to an Allen wrench?
>
>                                 David Porter
>                                 St.Louis, MO

They are called Robertson screws, and are available in hardware stores
in the U.S., though the name may be different. I like them because
they don't cobble nearly as easily as Phillips screws.

The tool is easy: a screwdriver with a square end. You could take any
screwdriver and grind one in a few minutes.

Susan Kline