on average?

dale r fox foxpiano@juno.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:22:26 -0800

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:05:46 -0800 Roger C Hayden <rchayden2@juno.com>
writes:
> It is startling what the governments take.  Like I said, if every
> taxpayer had to write a check to pay their taxes every week, we'd
> have another revolution.  Payroll deduction has put us to sleep!!

Payroll deduction was the brain flagellence of an accountant who worked
for Macy's during WWII.  The idea was precisely what you said,  put the
tax payer to sleep by gradually removing there hard earned money so that
they would not feel the sting.  Works pretty darn well doesn't it?

Dale
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.