Buzz Words

Sy Zabrocki only4zab@imt.net
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:56:21 -0700

More buzz words: On 1908 Braumuller upright embossed in the plate "New
Harmonic Scale". No inharmonicity in this baby. FAC numbers 0.0  0.0  0.0
On  Lester spinet: "Special Attention Is Given to the Important
Consideration of Tone".
On a Wellington by Cable: Poly Accoustic Construction. ??????
On Everett: Dyna Tension Scale. The word "dyna" not in the dictionary.

Sy Zabrocki

----- Original Message -----
From: John Lillico, RPT <staytuned@idirect.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 10:11 PM

> As Ron N. just wrote...
>
> "You all know the Messo Thermoneal Stabilizer, the Harmi-Tone action,
> Storytone Mahogany soundboard (guaranteed for life against splitting or
> cracking), The Damp Proofed Action (what the heck does that mean?), the
> Diaphragmatic Soundboard, Syncrotone strings, Pipe Organ Tone Chamber (a
special case, if ever there was), Genuine Reinforced hammers, and a couple
of hundred more that I've mercifully forgotten.".....

> >From north of the 49th come (describing uprights); Cabinet Grand, Upright
Grand, Grand Piano in Vertical Form, Illiminitable Repeating Action,
Duofulcrum Keys, Bell Metal Tone, Tension Resonators and the motto of a
manufacturer of barely mediocre quality, "Great is the Privilege of
Achievement".