on average?

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
19 Jan 2000 20:56:41 -0800

On Wed, 19 January 2000, Roger C Hayden wrote:

> OK, Terry,  here's a try.

> Make a $1000
> Throw out 15% to expenses    -150    leaving 850
> Throw away 15% self emp tax    -150   leaving  700
> Throw fay away Federal tax   15 - 20 %     -200   leaving 500
> Throw down a pipe away local / state / real estate / school etc tax    5%
>     -50    leaving  450
> Throw away 6% tax every time you buy anything with what's left    - 60
> leaving  390
>
> You might have $300 - $400 dollars left to pay your mortgage, buy food,
> clothing, heat, Taco Bell, and rent videos, and contribute to your
> favorite charity, out of which all who recieve your $$, pay more taxes
> again all to an incredible %%%%of  their income.
>
> Now, figure out who we're working for!!

> Roger C Hayden, RPT

Roger,

Thanks for the reply! That really opened my eyes. So basically, the $1,600.00 + that you make per week, whittles down to a net of about $480.00!!??!!?? Something's wrong with this picture. Please tell me you keep more than that!

Terry

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com