Auto expenses

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:39:10 -0500

Here's one for car owners whose primary income is derived from in-home service. What percentage of your gross income is allocated to all aspects of transporatation? (purchase, upkeep, fuel, etc.)

Because of a visual impairment, I hire a driver with car to get me to my appointments. He gets a flat 15% of my gross.

Is this in line with your auto expenses? Is my driver with a 1995 Toyota Excel (no air) being short-changed?

With gas approaching 65¢ per litre, I'm being pressed to offer a little more.

There may be other non-driving technicians on the list who would benefit from your imput. I've been told that Newton "lost his drive" years ago!

Thanks a bunch.

John Lillico, RPT,
Oakville, Ontario, Canada