yamaha date found...

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
19 Jan 2000 15:44:59 -0800

Thanks to all for help with Yamaha serial numbers!  It turns out the 45" studio that I am looking at was made in Japan, and was made in 1971. Is the Japan made version preferred to the "U" & "T" versions made in USA? Also, I am thinking about buying it for myself, not only to play but to practice tuning and regulation, since I am a "tuner/tech in training". I know it's very hard to determine its value without having seen it, but the owner is asking $700.00. The piano appears to be in good shape, with no major repairs needed, just a slight pitch raise (it's down only about 10 cents) and tuning.

 Terry Peterson
"RPT in Training"
Los Angeles, CA

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com