S&S Hammers

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:37:46 -0600 (CST)

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I realize the best way to learn would be with another
tech. However, the only two that I know are very busy fellows and rarely
have time for me. Also, the 400 mile distance to visit either of them makes
it costly. I do visit them a couple of times per year though.

I will see if I can obtain a copy of Rick Baldassin's pamphlet. I do have
the reprint book on hammers and touchweight, but there isn't really very
much on voicing.

Attending the conventions would be nice, but that is quite costly and my
income from piano tuning and repair is quite limited.

I am fortunate that I have 4 pianos on which I can practice. Two of them
have new hammers, and two have originals. Of the two with new hammers, one
has the Imadegawa hammers and the other has Abel. I like the Abel hammers
much better.

I'll just keep slugging away.

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers