a newbie at bat

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:07:26 -0600

>You live in Houston and have to ask about humidity??

I won't respond much, except to say that in Houston, humidity is less a
problem than a lot of places, since homes are generally "sealed", and air
conditioning (and thus some moisture removal) going most of the year, and
heater and very dry the other two days.  We don't have a lot of open
windows.   Damp Chaser brought a program down here, and didn't even talk
about the humidifying part of the system.

At the church, everything was on a computer, and the whole "campus" was
on the same system.  However, pianos in a parlor are not in the same
environment as pianos moved into a sanctuary into which 1000 folks will
congregate on four occasions in the one day.  It became evident that
humidity did take a toll on the piano- sticking keys.  However, when I
went over, in the afternoon, to tune, I figured my tunings were really
pretty bad, which might be true.  Only after I panicked, then collected
what few wits I had left, and tuned through both, did I begin to wonder
how much humidity changes might have played in the situation.  Then, as
the pianos held through the evening concert, I was yet again confused.

I remain confused.  If you don't understand that, ask some of my choir
folks. They've seen me confused for most of six years

les
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.