Tuning Pin Tightener

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:03:36 EST

In a message dated 1/19/00 12:29:39 AM !!!First Boot!!!, bholden@wave.co.nz
writes:

<< I am about to do a tuning pin tightening job on an old English upright.
Because of economic reasons, I intend using some Pacpin liquid tighter.  The
piano will be laid on its back and the solution will be applied with a
syringe, with a second dose a few days later.  Because of the age of the
piano, the customer has little to lose and hopefully the pins (which are
moderately loose), should be able to hold the tuning satisfactorily.  I am
sure this is the recommended way to apply the solution but if there is
anything else I should be doing, could someone let me know.  Thanks in
advance.

 Brian Holden

Be sure to let the stuff dry before you tip the piano back up. If there is
any residue left, it will drip down on the strings when the piano is tipped
up.  The treble strings aren't so bad, although this is very sticky stuff,
and it will get on your strip mute. But if it gets on the bass strings, it
will kill them.

Good luck.

Willem Blees