two strings flatter than one,

Chris Gregg cgregg@cadvision.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:55:55 -0700

Is it  possible that the impedence from the first string is going to
interfere with the frequency of two or more strings vibrating together.
Maybe there is an area of air movement created around the moving string
that will affect the motion of the subsequent strings.  Or maybe the
impedence of the sound moving through the bridge or the board could do the
same thing.

>The only way I can see that this would happen is if the F3 had slipped in
>between measuring, the pin of middle string A4 was not set properly, and
>went sharp during the tuning of the other string; or, that the A4 unison was
>not just right.  Or, maybe I am wacky, and have it all wrong,  :-)  It's
>hard to comment on something where I was not present.  I am just going on my
>own experience.

Chris Gregg
 http://www.cadvision.com/cgregg