RPT Test

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 09:21:20 -0500

Tim,

I'm glad you are ready to begin the tests for upgrading your
membership.  You need to take the written test first.  There is a
study guide on the Piano Page in the members pages at:
http://www.ptg.org/members/guide.htm
You will need your member number and password from the dues
billing to log into the member section.

After the written test you can take the technical and tuning tests in
any order.  There is a time limit of 4 years, I think, that you must get
them all completed especially if the tests change in any way.  Most
people find the tests to be a great learning experience.  There are
books available from the Home office for preparing for the technical
and tuning tests.

It is a good idea before taking the tuning test for you to tune for one
of the RPTs in your chapter and have them evaluate the tuning.  The
should be able to give you some hints on the test and help you know
if you are ready to take it.

Best of luck,

Ron