pitch raise time

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 14:50:07 EST

pianolover@worldspy.net writes:

<< Let me preface by reminding everyone that I am a "newbie", so please bear
with me. Here's my question: I have been hearing/reading that the average 1st
pass pitch raise can be done in about 20 minutes! That would translate to
just over NINE seconds per string, including time to "set" each string, plus
time moving from pin to pin, from start to finish. How many techs out there
can "fly" through a pitch raise this fast? And I must assume you're NOT
counting the time it would take for muting. Just very curious.

 Terry Peterson
 Los Angeles, CA >>

Terry

I think the one misconception from the above, is that you have to "set" the
pin and string on a pitch raise.  All we are trying to do in a pitch raise is
get the tension up to where it supposed to be.  I try to do that as quickly
as possible.  If I spend more than 2 or 3 seconds on a pin, I feel like I am
ready to set down roots.  I do a pitch raise in about 10 minutes.  That
includes putting in the strip mute, and reinserting it after the fist go
around.

Willem Blees