steinway

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 00:24:37 EST

In a message dated 1/14/00 6:38:30 PM Pacific Standard Time, ilvey@jps.net
writes:

<< #1...Damper felt:  Where would you recommend I get it?  I
 typically use Laureaux & buy the Steinway style, precut stuff
 from Schaff.>>

I would go for Yamaha dampers.  No question, the best.

 <<#2...Tuning Pins: I am considering the Diamond pins from
 Pianotek.  Blued is correct?  I don't think I want the nickel
 plated?>>

I would agree here.

 <<#3...Hammers: Should I go for Steinways?  It Steinway or
 Isaac.>>

If you have experience and good results in the past with Steinway hammers
then go for those.  I prefer Abel.  Renner blues are a good choice also.

Ed Tomlinson