steinway

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 22:32:57 EST

In a message dated 1/14/2000 9:36:39 PM, David I. wrote:

<<#3...Hammers:  Should I go for Steinways?  It Steinway or
Isaac.>>

David as for your first two questions it is a tossup. I have had very good
and very bad luck with Laureaux damper felt and Diamond tuning pins. If you
like the look of the nickle go for it :-)

  As for the hammers, what venue is it going to be used in? Home? Restaurant?
Recital hall, Performance? Practice?  Except for a died in the wool purist,
S&S hammers don't enter into my world. I am not familiar with current Issac
hammers having used my last set over six years ago. My hammer of choice would
be either Renner Blue or Encore (Abel ala Brooks LTD).
Jim Bryant (FL)