School piano

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:21:41 EST

In a message dated 1/13/00 6:03:19 AM Pacific Standard Time, nhunt@jagat.com
writes:

<< Concrete will exude moisture for a year or more and even then it is
 porous enough to allow grand water to seep into and through the
 cracks.  A piece of carpeting may well allow moisture to wick away
 from the piano.

 Schools are notorious for over heating classrooms so I would say that
 if you can get the teacher to keep up with the watering go ahead and
 install the unit.

 If you install any climate control unit the humidity inside the piano
 will change AFTER the install.  I like to install, wait a couple of
 weeks then tune.  Not always an option I know but...

 Is the piano new?  Did you tune it before finding it 30 cents sharp?

 Don't worry about it's stability until you have lived with it for a
 year or more and can document radical changes despite climate
 controls.

 Have a good weekend all.

        Newton

The high school is 5 years old and they purchased it new at that time.  Like
I said before, another school in the district has the same brand and model of
piano, and not a problem with instability.

Dave Peake