A question on temperament-Dale

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:16:40 -0600

Ed and others interested,

    Just as kind of an aside on this subject, a DMA piano performance
major talked to me today about doing a Marpurg I and an ET on two of
our D's for a Lecture Recital he has to do for his degree. He'll be
playing Chopin.
    I showed him the offsets in the SAT manual and he doesn't think
that's the same one he's been using for the piece he's talking about.
So I may be inquiring more after we explore it some. He's supposed
to bring me the information he has some time next week.
    One of our theory professors took a class with Owen and has told
him that Owen said he was pretty convinced that Chopin used a
Marpurg. Comments?

Avery