School piano

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:49:24 -0500

Concrete will exude moisture for a year or more and even then it is
porous enough to allow grand water to seep into and through the
cracks.  A piece of carpeting may well allow moisture to wick away
from the piano.

Schools are notorious for over heating classrooms so I would say that
if you can get the teacher to keep up with the watering go ahead and
install the unit.

If you install any climate control unit the humidity inside the piano
will change AFTER the install.  I like to install, wait a couple of
weeks then tune.  Not always an option I know but...

Is the piano new?  Did you tune it before finding it 30 cents sharp?

Don't worry about it's stability until you have lived with it for a
year or more and can document radical changes despite climate
controls.

Have a good weekend all.

		Newton