Counter bearing treatment

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:05:44 -0600

Hi Ron,
           I've done quite a few measurements on the string coupling effect.
When an average 3 string unison is tuned for full blush (RCT) on each
individual string,
2 strings played together will show about 0.3 cent flat, 3 strings will
show 0.5 cent flat.
I'm not so sure what the imformation is telling me.
Regards Roger

At 05:34 PM 12/01/00 -0600, you wrote:
>>I am still not clear on just what data you all will find most interesting,
>>tho I
>>have your last post on this.
>
>* Me either, at this point. I'm not even sure what the function gives you
>to chose from. Maybe a few test notes,  each  A, F, and C of the scale,
>with a partial strength spectrum (??) for each, and cents pitch drop for
>each when the second and third string is tuned into the unison. I'm
>speculating that all this ties in to the soundboard assembly impedance, but
>I don't have a clue how to make the connection by remote correspondence.
>That's why I figured I'd have to do the chasing down myself. Still, it
>couldn't hurt to see if there is an obvious correlation between measurable
>partials structure, and this pitch drop. It's going to be more work than
>I'd reasonably expect anyone to volunteer without me sharing the misery,
>but if you find you have the time and don't mind, it might tell us
>something interesting. At least I hope it will.
>

>>Nor am I clear on how to present it. In any case
>>I'll make a start sending this stuff off to you two as soon as I get
rolling
>>and
>>you can comment on whats being collected then.
>>
>>Richard Brekne
>>I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
>>Bergen, Norway
>

>Thanks, Richard.