Mother & Me

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:57:01 -0800

Hello, Elian

I hope that the efforts to recover from the floods are going well.

When I read everyone's sad backup story, I realize that I have been
very lucky not to have lost my files. If the Zip doesn't work when
one goes to retrieve, it's so much landfill, just one more kind of
"faux" backup, good only for the false confidence it gave you.

I think I'll continue my system: I put the customer file, frequently,
on floppies, and I print out ON PAPER a summary, showing names,
addresses, phone numbers, and last visit. It takes about 25 pages.
I leave at least one set of the floppies in my safe deposit box.
While the paper has nowhere near as much information as the file,
it is still handy to keep in the car, and won't disappear if it
flirts with a magnet.

Susan