Stocking The Tool Box

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:31:55 -0800

Paul:
    If you can believe this, I ALSO had a Mazda GLC.  The best little
car I ever owned.  I took out the rear seats, and the passenger seat,
and put in plywood platforms.  I surrounded myself with all the tools
and supplies.  I'm sure it looked ridiculous, but it served me well for
years.
    I will admit that a lot of what I carry doesn't get used often.  But
if I have to do some touchup, and the right supplies aren't on hand, I
can't do my best job.  Another thing is, I don't have a garage to store
stuff in, and my wife can't stand to see it around.
    As it is now, I get such bad mileage out of this van that just about
anything is better than what I have now.  I've sunk a lot of money into
the van thinking that if I could just get it running right, I would get
better mileage.  Sort of like gambling.  Throw  in  a little more money
and maybe you'll get it all back.  It never works.  So, I'm looking for
something newer, and ready to cut my losses on this old van.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego