Dealin with Piano Manufactures

Terry L Jack tjack@pacinfo.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:58:32 -0800

  Did this piano develop 'soft' tuning pins before or after
  your daily tuning practice?

  I can't say for sure as I did not know about torque at first. I =
actually did most of my tuning practice on an old upright I had gotten =
specificly for practicing.

  I think I can safely say that all of the pins that measure loose have =
always been so. I recall when I first tried setting my unisons if I =
barely touched them, they moved.  The reason I started to do unisons on =
this piano was because they were out.

  It is my understanding that many pianos are tuned every week or more =
often with minimal problems.  Is this true?

  Thanks for the help

  Terry Jack