Tuning in where it is

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:01:38 +0100

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:

Nicely put Bill, I couldnt aggree more with these words you write. And it strikes
the note of commonality between us I have been looking for on this subject. While
I aggree in principle that one should be ready to go that extra kilometer when the
situation calls for it, I find far too many are far to easily swayed to sell
themselves and this profession of ours too cheaply to those who care not about our
work, nor their instruments. On the other hand, and more seen from your
standpoint, we of course need to avoid arrogance and overstateing of our own
importance.

My point is that its better safe then sorry, better a bit over done then under
done. And you are right... customers, most of them and at least all of those sort
you wish to be of service too, will appreciate your efforts more for it. I have
operated in this fashion for many many years now, and I have always had a knack of
out preforming my competition. Not because of raw talent, nor because of
outstanding skills,, but because of two things.. I give the customer more then
what they pay for, but at the same time I insist they are willing to treat their
piano and myself seriously. And that last part implies being willing to pay for
what needs to be done to put and keep a piano in decent operating condition.

There is always a balance to be kept in all things.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway