Stocking The Tool Box

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:57:01 EST

In a message dated 1/10/2000 11:57:16 PM, Paul wrote:

<<"I HATE it when I left that one thing I needed at home.">>

Paul;
 As someone has already said there ain't no holy grail in tool/supplies
complement makeup.
 The range of tools and supplies probably goes from Issac Sadigursky who
literally takes his shop with him in his van (if you have never attended his
class on tools/supplies to carry, he presents at the National, do so at your
first opportunity) to the tech here in town who takes only his hammer, fork,
various mutes, Yamaha CA tool, tweezers and  two screwdrivers with him on
tuning calls......everything else is shop repair !....seems to work for him
as he
stays busy :-)
  My suggestion, which I can't always follow, is to define what your business
is primarily designed to do as far as home/venue 'service' is concerned. You
can't be all things to all customers and setting limits does provide for more
efficient use of your time/vehicle.  If you don't have the needed item for
repair/replacement, because it has not been needed by you for ten years,
don't feel bad for having to charge to provide it in a separate trip or
taking the action to the shop.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)