Dealin' with Piano Manufacturers

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:38:32 -0500

Terry,

Now that I've read your newest post........

"When I bought the piano I was not in the piano tech business. My first tech asked me to get another as the unisons would not stay in tune. The second tech (btw both very compitant folks and RPTs) wrote on one of his work reciepts: " A5-F5# tuning pins quite close together causing the music wire in the unisons to jam together creating excess friction and making tuing difficult. Unison drift more than usual falseness present also due partly to bridge pins not firmly set in the holes."  He mentioned to me that some of the pins were noticibly looser than others and this was making it a bit more tricky to tune.  I would find that 3 to 4 unisons would go out of tune within a few days."

........I regret having commented on the first.

Where's your dealer support, anyway?

John Lillico, RPT,
Oakville, Ontario, Canada