Stocking The Tool Box

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:21:56 EST

In a message dated 1/10/00 3:59:52 AM !!!First Boot!!!, tjack@pacinfo.com
writes:

<< Tom,

 > I would like to see a list of specific supplies and tools experienced
 > techs routinely carry in their tuning tool bag/box and in the vehicle.

 Boy do I second that!  Seems like my poor little van is loaded to the gills
 and yet I am always needing something that is back at home.

 Terry Jack >>

Into the house I carry a soft leather (vinyl) carrying case in which I have:
1. SAT
2. Tool roll with screwdrivers, pliers, regulating tools, tuning hammer,
mutes, etc.
3. small baggie with punchings, a couple of elbows
4. small box with tooth picks string misc. stuff for emergency repairs
5. In one of the side pockets I carry Schaff and GRK catalogues, list of
piano teachers, piano brochures, price lists.  On the other side I have the
Atlas, extra work orders, appraisals forms, small bottle of glue and supers
glues, small flash light.

In my car I have a tool box full of extra parts, a briefcase for estimates, a
box with strings, and pins, a box with bass strings, and a tool box with
tools I seldom use.

"Seems like my poor little van is loaded to the gills and yet I am always
needing something that is back at home."

Although I can do a lot in the customer's home, I seldom do more than just
the bare necessities.  If I can see the work requires more than an hour, I
take the action home.  If I have to do work to the piano, I will reschedule,
and then take the tools with me for just that job.

Willem Blees