Tuning security

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:49:54 -0700 (MST)

HI Phil:

In your email you said: " or is there a better solution?"

I want to encourage you to persue the safest course. I agree with
Jim Bryant (FL).

Work on passing your RPT Tuning Test. If you don't already have it,
get my free article on practicing the Baldassin/Sanderson/Kimbell/
Tremper Temperament using your Sanderson AccuTuner II.

I just did a two day Arizona State PTG Conference in which I taught
this temperament aurally. The response was overwhelming. With the
SAT II, you have a constant Tutor to help you through this. The FAC
calculated tunings work well on most pianos. When you can tune
well enough to be within .3 cents on each note, you will be well
equipped to handle any emergency if your machine should require
service. However, the service record on SAT IIs has been very good.
If you should ever need to send it in, the turn around time is
usually a week or less.

My notes explain how to practice the temperament in little short bits
on each job you do. When you can do the first part well, then tackle
the next few notes. Don't try to do it all at once.

Jim Coleman, Sr.