Peterson AutoStrobe

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:34:23 EST

You wrote:

"Just read the Bill Prindle's article in the Journal about the Peterson
AutoStrobe tuner.  Although I use the SAT II (and don't mind the "blinking
lights"), If it goes south, however, I'm out of work while it's in the shop,
so lately  I have  been considering  buying a backup machine.   The article
speaks well of the Peterson.   I like its automatic note step-up, the
simplicity of setting the stretch and especially the price.  Bill  doesn't
mention it, but I assume it does not have a battery and would require a long
extension cord in my case.  Has anyone else had experience with this
machine?  Would it make a good backup, or is there a better solution?  I
would appreciate any input.

Phil Ryan
PTG Associate"

Just a thought--but  since the turnaround time for accutuner repairs is small
and the price of the Peterson is around $700, why not use the time the
accutuner is in the shop to maintain your aural tuning skills.  I put my
accutuner away about two tunings a week and do it aurally just to keep the
ears in shape.

Best

Dick Day
Michigan