Tuning it where it is

Jerry Hunt piano_tunertx@yahoo.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:23:03 -0800 (PST)

I explain to my customers why piano's go flat, how
bringing up the pitch will add 3-4 thousand lbs. of
additional tension, etc. and charge 1/2 of my regular
tuning fee for each pitch raise on top of the fine
tuning fee. I always give them the option of tuning
where it's at, but I also explain why it's important
to have the piano at standard pitch. So far, best I
can remember, every one of them went for the pitch
raise. And, yes, I even do old uprights and have
brokend a couple of strings - I get paid for replacing
those, too.

Regards,

Jerry Hunt
Associate member Piano Technicians Guild
Dallas, TX