new to list..first tuning!

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:37:43 -0500

Hey, my name is Terry also, and am relatively new to the list! I took the
Randy Potter course starting in January of 1998. I started tuning for pay in
June 1998. By December of 1998 I was pretty busy. Now I am very busy. Great
business. Welcome! Email me if you want particulars on Randy Potter course.
I really liked it. Very complete. Very good & up-to-date technical info.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

----- Original Message -----
From: <pianolover@worldspy.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2000 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: new to list..first tuning!

> Terry,
>
> Hey that's my first name too! Yeah, I also regret having not entered this
field earlier too, but...better late than never!
> Btw, do you have any tips/advice for me just getting started? I'd love to
someday have the knowledge and expertise to service any kind...from tuning
to rebuilding and everything in between. Any thoughts on Randy Potter's
School, or other correspondence courses on piano tuning. How many piano
tunings did it take you before you were confident/ready to "hang out a
shingle?" Do you an electronic tuner, or strictly aural?